Charter Launches TV5MONDE USA HD in Los Angeles Area, Fort Worth, TX and Reno, NV
TV5MONDE USA, America’s only 24/7 French language entertainment channel, entered into a new distribution agreement with Charter Communications. Charter has now made TV5MONDE USA HD available to its customers in Fort Worth, TX, the Los Angeles area and Reno, NV. In the coming months Charter will launch the channel in markets in Alabama, North Carolina, Oregon, Washington and Wisconsin.
“Charter offers a wide array of diverse, quality content that touches many cultures and we are pleased to bring TV5MONDE USA to our customers in these communities, and more will follow,” said Allan Singer, Charter Senior Vice President, Programming.
“We look forward to a successful partnership with Charter,” said Yves Bigot, General Manager of TV5MONDE. “Our agreement allows us to bring TV5MONDE USA’s breadth and depth of original programming, current and classic movies, news and sports to new audiences across America who are interested in experiencing French language content and culture.
” Notable programming on TV5MONDE USA airing during July includes:
- Shanghai Blues, Nouveau Monde – In this film Rémy (Clément Sibony) has virtually no choice: exile toShanghai or get laid off. To convince his girlfriend (Élodie Navarre) to leave, Rémy leads her to believe that the move will bring them both incredible career success. She finally agrees and the couple sets off on a Shanghai adventure, only to realize that the journey is beyond what they could have imagined or prepared for.
- Tour de France (daily coverage through July 27) - Don’t miss a minute of the athletic endurance event of the
year that takes in some of the most beautiful and challenging countryside of Europe. The 101st Tour de France kicks off July 5 in Leeds, England. Let TV5MONDE USA keep you up to date as the athletes vie for the prized yellow jersey on the ride of their lives.
- La voleuse – Film follows Julia (Romy Schneider) admits to her husband Werner (Michel Piccoli) that she hada child six years earlier and abandoned it. Soon, she has only one obsession: to recover her son. Given the refusal of the adoptive parents, she ends up snatching young Carlos.
- Les Pee-Wee 3D - After the untimely death of his mother, Janeau Trudel goes to live with his estranged father inQuebec. Showing a real gift for hockey, Janeau joins a pee-wee team that is preparing to face off in the most prestigious championship of their young lives. Janeau struggles to fit in and is ostracized by jealous teammates and parents alike, especially the team captain, Joey (Rémi Goulet). This equally heartwarming and heart wrenching family film shows the trials and tribulations of loss and the power of overcoming to achieve your dreams.
- Muertres à Saint-Malo - A body showing signs of the kind of torture inflicted by 17th century pirates washes up in
Saint-Malo. Captain Gwenaële Garrec (Louise Monot) is in charge of the investigation and convinced that the case relates to a famous privateer. Film also stars Bruno Solo.
- La Nouvelle Blanche Niege - In this modern-day fairytale film, Stephane (award-winning actor and director Sam
Karmann), a rich businessman, has just married Gabrielle (Claire Keim) when he suddenly and mysteriously falls into a coma. The devious Gabrielle plots to take control of his wealth, but her plans are derailed when she learns that he has an 18-year-old daughter, Blanche Métellier, in boarding school. Blanche (Lou de Laâge) is ready to explore life and love beyond her boarding school walls, but Gabrielle will do everything in her power to ensure that no one gets in the way of her money-making schemes.
For more information regarding these programs and others throughout the month, please visit the TV5MONDE website